At the end of the 2018-2019 school year, First Baptist Church was recognized with the “Outstanding Civic Partner” award by Amarillo ISD at the Partners in Education banquet. FBC’s contribution centers on its role at Wills Elementary. The award comes as a result of the way our church family supports the teachers, staff, and students through:
• Annual backpacks and school supplies for students in need
• Teacher bags and supplies for every teacher
• Daily meals through KidsCafe
• Meals and treats from our staff each month
• Encouragement through Teacher Appreciation Week
• Hosting their teacher training
As the back-to-school time came around for this year, the story has been the same. This generous congregation was, again, able to collect school supplies, backpacks, and teacher supplies to pack and send to our friends at Wills Elementary.